• Author of the first domestic (one of the first three in the world) software diagnostic system (BEST cdvd) that deals with skin tumor diagnostics
• Founder of the first Teledermoscopy diagnostic network in Serbia
• Founder and first president of the Balkan Dermoscopy Association (2011-2013)
• Founder and first president, member of the Presidency of Serbian Dermoscopy Association (2002-2008)
• Board Member of the International Dermoscopy Society (2004-)
• Visiting Consultant, Wexham Park Hospital, Slough, UK (1995-)
• Member of SRBPRAS (Serbian Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery Association)
• Member of BAPRAS (Balkan Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery Association)
• Lecturer at the Biomedical Engineering Department, School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Belgrade
• Founder of CST- Center for Skin Tumors and Director of Oncology and Reconstructive Surgery Special hospital ORS Hospital in Belgrade .
Other relevant information:
I was born in 1953 in Goražde. I attended elementary school in Karadjordjevo near Bačka Palanka and Medvedja near Leskovac. I finished Hihg school in Gradačac, and Medical School in Belgrade in 1978.
I start my residency in General surgery at the Surgery Ward of Pančevo General Hospital, in 1979. At the end of 1983, I start residency in plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery which I graduate from in 1986 with honors at University of Belgrade Medical School.
I founded the Plastic surgery division at Pančevo General Hospital in 1986, where I worked until 1998.
At the beginning of 1999 I start my own private practice "Aesthetic and Hand Center" , within which the CST (Center for Skin Tumors)operates. December 25, 2002 I founded ORS Hospital in Belgrade .
During 2013 ORS Hospital undergoes a change into Specialist private practice „ORS Plastic Surgery“.
Surgical opus – Over 25000 surgeries:
• Prim. Dr Jovan Milanović, general surgery, (period 1979 to 1984),
• Prim. Dr Branko Griva, plastic surgery (period 1984 to 1986) and
• Mr. Magdy Saad, esthetic surgery (1994 - 1995)
Further education after becoming a specialist that I wish to mention::
• Two international courses of plastic and reconstructive surgery in Ljubljana in 1985 and 1987
• European hand surgery course, Umeo, Sweden, 1987
• International courses in Aesthetic, Plastic and Craniofacial Surgery in Denpasar, Bali, 1996
• VII International course in Plastic Surgery, Slough, UK, 1998
• From Nov 1 1994 to Feb 18 1995 I was stationed in England, after invitation from Mr Magdy Saad, the then President of British Association of Plastic Surgery (BAPS) and at that time I continued my further education in several hospitals in London, Windsor, Wexham and Oxfor. Besides that, in 1995 I received the title of Visiting Consultant , Wexham Park Hospital, UK and became a lecturer at Oxford .
I have published over 100 scientific papers until now. In 1996 I received the title of Primarius.
I would like to point out some of the recent scientific work in my practice:
• Dermoscopy Key Points: Recommendations from the International Dermoscopy Society. Vol. 214, No. 1, 2007
• Accuracy in melanoma detection: A 10-year multicenter survey. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2011
• Epidermal Layers Characterisation by Opto-Magnetic Spectroscopy Based on Digital Image of Skin. ACTA PHYSICA POLONICA A, Vol. 121, No. 3, 2012
• Melanoma screening with skinScan – windows mobile phone application. 8thWorld Congress of Melanoma. July 17 – 20, 2013 Hamburg, Germany.
• Teledermoscopy in Serbia: more than two years of experience in five centers. 3rd World Congress of Dermoscopy, May 17 to 19, 2012, Brisbane Australia. Dermatol Pract Conc. 2012
• Double comparison of teledermoscopy: Interobserver variability and relation to histopathology. 3rd World Congress of Dermoscopy, May 17 to 19, 2012, Brisbane Australia. Dermatol Pract Conc. 2012
• Giant Congenital Melanocytic Nevus. Case Report. 10th Congress of Serbian Society of Plastic, Reconstructiuve and Aesthetic Surgery, May 19-22, 2010
• Automated seborrheic keratosis diagnosis by image processing detection of milia-like cysts or comedo – like openings, 2nd World Congress of International Dermoscopy Society, 12-14 November, 2009, Barcelona, Spain,
• A regressive melanocytic lesion with regional melanoma metastasis. Abstracts from First World Congress of the International Dermoscopy Society, April 27-29, 2006., Naples, Italy.
With my scientific papers, I have participated in (among others):
• Yugoslavian Surgeons Congress (1988, 1994 i 1998)
• Congress of plastic and maxillofacial surgeons (Portorož 1988)
• International Traumatology Congress (Strassbour 1989)
• International Traumatology Congress (Lisabon 1991)
• International Hernia Seminar ( Nice 1990)
• International Surgeons Congress (Athens 1990)
• British Congress of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery ( BAPS, London 1994)
• British Congress of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery ( BAPS , Slough 1995)
• British Congress of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery ( BAPS, London 1998)
• All-Asian Congress of Plastic, Reconstructive and Craniofacial Surgeons (Bali 1996)
• The Founding Congress of Dermoscopy (Rim 2001)
• First International Congress of Plastic and maxillofacial Surgery of BiH (Sarajevo 2003)
• First World Congress of Dermoscopy (Naples, 2006)
• Second World Congress of Dermoscopy (Barcelona 2009)
• Course in Laser Surgerye ( Leipzig 2009)
• First Congress of Serbian Plastic, Reconstructive And Aesthetic Surgery Association (Beograd 2010)
• Seventh Congress of Balkan Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery Association (Sarajevo 2011 )
Seminars and Courses:
• President of the International Plastic Surgery Seminar (Pančevo 1996)
• President of 15 Dermoscopy Seminars in the period 2001-2013.
• President of 3 Seminars in the surrounding countries (2 in Macedonia, 1 in BiH)
Accolades to be mentioned:
• The Vuk’s Award 1968g
• October Prize ( Municipality of Pančevo ) 1989g
• Plaquette of the Serbian Medical Society 2000g
• First Award for the Original scientific paper of the Dermatology Congress ( Beograd 2001)
• Winners of the Microsoft Health Users Group Innovation Awards 2013